NFTfi in 2022: onwards and upwards
December 16, 2021 ・ 4 min read
2021 has been an absolutely incredible year for the NFT space, and it has been for NFTfi as well.
The monthly loan volume on our platform has grown more than 100x since January, we have expanded our team from 3 in January to currently 15, and in November we announced our Series A funding, which will give us plenty of runway and has attracted some of the most competent Web 3 investors and NFT stakeholders across NFTfi’s current and future target verticals.
In a nutshell, we’re amped and have a great product, exciting talent, and a solid capital buffer to pursue our vision. In this post we discuss that vision and some of our upcoming milestones.
The Advent of NFT Finance
The NFT space is currently witnessing the advent of NFT Finance (watch out for our upcoming article series!) and we believe that NFT financial products and services will quickly become an obvious and critical sub-vertical of Decentralized Finance.
Our mission (why we jump out of bed every morning with a big smile on our faces) is to help ensure that NFT holders, especially the newly empowered NFT artists and creators driving the 21st Century Renaissance, can unlock the value of their assets via permissionless, high quality financial products and services.
Our vision (how we see NFTfi’s future) is to build a fully decentralized, permissionless, user-owned NFT Finance utility, supporting NFT-based economies across various verticals through highly user-friendly applications.
So what’s next on that journey?
NFTfi protocol V2 (Q2 2022)
Just around the corner is NFTfi V2, which we’ve been working on for most of 2021. While the current V1 is fairly simple, V2 is a highly modular family of several smart contracts, effectively morphing NFTfi from a loan protocol into a very flexible “NFT financial agreement protocol” with application potential way beyond loans.
V2 is focused on improving the loan product and includes several often requested features as well as a few cool surprises we think users will enjoy very much. Selected things we’re excited about include:
- Loans against ERC1155 NFTs: Finally here, thanks for your patience.
- Loans against ERC998 NFT bundles: Take out a loan against your collection of NFTs.
- Unlimited duration loans: Taking the foot off the brakes vs. V1.
- Pro-rata loans: Current NFTfi loans have fixed repayment amounts. As a first new loan type we introduce pro-rata loans, enabling early repayments at interest amounts proportional to the effective loan duration.
- Loan extensions and renegotiations: Before and after loan expiry. One of the most requested features.
- Listings with binding terms: Allows Borrowers to create Listings with “minimum viable terms” that can be automatically accepted by lenders.
- Loan Obligation Receipts: In V1, lenders receive Promissory Note NFTs as a tangible representation of their loan. In V2, Borrowers also receive an NFT called an “Obligation Receipt”.
Pioneer NFT Finance with us (right now)
We are building an amazing, super supportive Discord community and there has never been a more exciting time to get involved. So jump in!
- If you possess high-quality NFTs and seek short- or long-term liquidity: connect with our friendly community of liquidity providers, and rake in a few offers? No-regret move.
- If you have excess liquidity and good knowledge of specific NFT collections: why not browse loan requests in our #looking-for-loan channel? Or exchange with lenders to understand how to make smart loans offers?
- If you’re building NFT infrastructure and are interested in the NFTfi API or a collaboration on other fronts, please reach out at email@example.com with a detailed proposal.
Happy holidays NFTfi fam. The journey has only just begun.
This article is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered financial advice. Conduct your own research and due diligence before making any investment or financial decisions, such as when considering novel products including NFT loans.
August 11, 2023
NFTfi – P2P NFT Lending Protocol: From PFPs & Art to RWA
Stephen Young and Storm from NFTfi joined the Epicenter Podcast to discuss the general state of the NFT market, future prospects for NFT development, and how NFTfi, a P2P NFT lending platform, unlocks new sources of liquidity in this bear market.Learn more >
August 08, 2023
Earn Season 1: Introducing Loan Streaks
Today, we are updating Earn Season 1 by introducing loan streaks, a new way to secure Earn Bonus Points. This feature specifically rewards platform loyalty and long-term loans.Learn more >
August 03, 2023
A complete guide to allowances on NFTfi
In this article, we explain everything borrowers and lenders need to know about allowances on NFTfi. In order to fund or repay loans on NFTfi, our smart contracts need permission to move the ERC-20 tokens you are using.Learn more >